Friday, August 22, 2008

Lightning doesn't strike here

Like a bolt from the blue, or in the case of Beijing, the grey. The lightning kid strikes. It's not hard to pick the headlines surrounding Usain Bolt. It was a great Olympic moment. Pictured is a screenshot from tvnz's coverage, at the moment Bolt insane slaps his chest before prancing across the line..


Uh-huh. Uh-uh. D N A Y S. Turns out tvnz doesn't do web2.0 - you can't embed the video, you can't even take a screenshot.


I mention this because it's easy to forget when carping over flaws in things like Wikipedia, just how good, how absolutely extraordinary these initiatives are.


I mean, I'm sure, if I wanted, if I really wanted, I could find the Usain footage Out There. Though rather than be furtive about it I wish things like video were more subject to the same Fair Use as text, so it could be quoted from, etc.